|—||Mark Twain (via you-are-my-piece-of-paradise)|
So very true…
My favorite :)
He failed the forehead test. :(
Stop scrolling and read this. Then share it, you’ll see why.
I know I have been posting a lot lately about meeting Darren Criss and the funny parts about that experience. But this is what Darren and I talked about. This is what matters. Please read and pass this along.
This is about my friend Josh. He was the greatest of friends, always energetically dancing, never stopped singing, and could always make you laugh on even the darkest days. His love of performing was incredible, and his voice could make everything seem better in the world. His whole life he tried to make people feel like they were never alone.
Yes, that was in the past tense. I wish it wasn’t. Josh left us unexpectedly last month, and through the heartbreak of losing a best friend at such a young age, I found strength in singing for him. My friends and I could feel like he was with us in those moments. I will never forget him, and I felt myself searching for the best way to celebrate his life and who Josh was deep down.
When I met with Darren Criss in his dressing room, I told him all about Josh, who he was, and how his beautiful voice and love of life made people feel like they were never alone. I spoke with Darren Criss the day before the one month anniversary of his passing, and the next night Darren was performing in LA. I asked Darren if, when he performed Not Alone the next night at his concert in LA, if he would dedicate it to the memory of Josh. Darren Criss said “Absolutely yes, I will. Tomorrow in LA, Not Alone will be for Josh”. We were both tearing up at this point, and we had to wrap things up, so I thanked him, we hugged, and left it at that.
Now watch this video of Darren Criss singing Not Alone that night in LA. Normally he smiles through it, but he was in a much deeper place that night. It is by far the most emotional performance I have ever seen him sing, and he has so much passion and pain, especially at the end.
I can’t thank Darren enough for doing this for Josh. The best way I can think to celebrate Josh’s life and what he represents is to share his story with all of you.
So please, now that you know, share this with your loved ones. Reblog it and get the word out. Do it for Josh. Do it for anyone who has ever felt alone. Do it for love. Because in the end, our love is all we need to make it through.
JESUS FUCK THESE ARE THE BEST EVER
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
did kim possible become stoppable
did phil go back to the future
did cory get out of the house
did kim possible become STOPPABLE
He became Ron Possible and you know it.
mORE THAN OKAY WITH IT
We love to kick of Wedding Wednesday with a sweet proposal (and the engagement ring is pretty sweet too!) via How He Asked